WHY SHOULD WE QUIT SMOKING? A-Z SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL, CULTURAL AND PRACTICAL REASONS!
A follower had written like:
“I AM ADDICTED TO CIGARETTES. Cigarrete and liquor have no soul in it. Then, how it is sinful to smoke and drink because we do not hurt or kill anyone by? Why should I quit them?”
(This article is in two parts and they are very important and ready reference for those who wish to quit smoking. If you follow the tips given here, you can definitely stop smoking! Do keep them bookmarked)
If we get relaxations for everything, we can give reasons for all our actions like:
“Sir, My lover herself agreed for sex. So, I had with her. She was not hurt. Then, how can I be a sinner?”
“Sir, Only the meat vendor is killing animals. How can I be a sinner by eating meat?”
“Sir, I am looting the property of the very rich persons and help the poor to create a balance in the society. What is wrong in that?”
Thus, we can give so many excuses for all our actions. But, we have to follow certain social norms for the betterment of the society and ours too.
A girl might have agreed for sex innocently because of lack of mental maturity. But, the offence is the same – illicit sex. You should have advised that girl that having sex before marriage is wrong that adds karma. Because, there is no guarantee that a girl and boy will definitely unite in marriage.
Yes… Only the meat vendor is killing animals. But, you are also a partner in his killing. How? If the people does not eat meat, he can not do that business. So, he kills animals, but, you give him encouragement and life by purchasing meat. Therefore, you are also sharing the karma of killing animals for food.
Though you are going to help the poor, that money should come through genuine sources. That rich man will be treated separately by the karma network if he had added excessive wealth through illegal means of earning. You need not equalise the society by following the same offence of looting. He may be caught even by the governments. Therefore, you can not justify looting the wealth of rich persons who added wealth doing illegal business.
Thus, even if you can justify your actions, offence is offence. Whatever reason it may be.
Also read: PARKINSON’s DISEASE – HOW TO PREVENT, DIAGNOSE AND TREAT? COMPLETE GUIDE!
WHY SHOULD WE QUIT SMOKING ?
Let me come to the point.
First, I would like to remind an important aspect of life: THE PEOPLE GET ADDICTED ONLY TO THE OBJECTS, THAT ARE IMPURE.
Do you need examples?
They get addicted to cigarettes. But, the tobacco is alarmingly unbearable in taste and flavour. The people get addicted to such nasty taste and flavour.
They get adddicted to liquor. Do you know the taste of alcohol? The worst tasting liquid in this world is alcohol. Consuming even a single drop will be difficult as said by the drinkers. Still they drink.
Another addiction for the people is private parts of the opposite sex. But, What is the most unclean portion in everyone’s body? It is their private parts. But, the people are addicted to it?
Why the people become addicted to unclean and untasty and unhealthy objects alone?
Because, the people have the tendency to give importance ONLY for short term pleassures these objects give. The temporary flying feeling given by the cigarettes and liquor. Temporary, just 5 minutes of pleasure given by the opposite sex.
They forget that after this short term pleasure, their usual problems have not been solved and the problems continue and get intensified.
These pleasures never solve the problems. They just make us to forget the problems for a few minutes or hours. Mean time the problems may become worse than before because we postpone dealing with them consuming cigaretttes and liquor.
SMOKING IS AN UNWANTED AND UNHEALTHY act. Even the smokers know this. But, when the persons like you smoke, the cigarette companies and the shops boom with good sales and hence they produce more and more liquor and cigarettes. When they open more stores/ shops, more people are attracted and more people get addicted to cigarettes and liquor. So, you are standing as a cause for the growth of sales of cigarettes and liquors.
In addition to that, cigarettes and liquor are seriously additive products. They make you their addicts and hence if you miss a single day without smoking / drinking, you become disturbed and you will become normal only when you take them. Because of this, you can not remain social all the times and you always deviate from schedules. For example, a customer might have given you appointment to meet at 10 AM and the meeting is for about 1-2 hrs. Now the time is 9.50. But, you become nervous because you usually smoke one or two cigarettes at around 10 am. So, you smoke two cigarettes till 10.10 am and go to meet him at 10.30 am. Before that, the customer had left and hence you lose your business through that customer.
Thus, you will be forced to deviate from schedules. When all the people are attending marriage function, you alone will escape in the middle and go to a dark spot to smoke. You may even choose a toilet to smoke secretly.
Such typical activities may cause a bad image about you among others if you are caught smoking in toilets or dark spaces.
The most embracing thing in smoking and drinking will be the worst odour of breath. The smokers can not feel the bad breath themselves. Only others can feel. Others will hesitate to go closer to a smoker because he will evolve bad breath whenever he speaks or even when they are silent. The bad odour even in their shirts remain for more than 20 hours. He loses genuine relations and friends. Only those who smoke and drink will be with them. Therefore, unproductive association and hence bad standing in the society.
Read this also: Should a wife not divorce even a drinking, smoking and abusing husband?
Serious effects of smoking
(A) THE TOXIC CHEMICALS IN TOBACCO SMOKE:
(1) The tobacco smoke contains TAR and about 7000 toxic chemicals that deposits on the walls of lungs and hence the lungs lose the air cleansing capacity stage by stage. The TAR is considered as a group of chemicals that cause cancer. This TAR gets deposited on teeth, nails, and importantly on the tissues inside the lungs. TAR contains a chemical namely CARCINOGEN BENZOPHYRINE THAT DEFINITELY CAUSE THE CANCER.
(2) CARBON MONAXIDE occupies the position of oxygen in blood haemoglobin and hence the oxygen supply for brain, heart and muscles gets reduced causing serious consequences like stroke, heart attacks, etc.
(3) The lungs have a small hair like parts namely CILIA that protects the lungs from the deposit of foreign particles. This Hydrogen cyanide deactivates these Cilia hairs and hence the toxic chemicals in tobacco such as Nitrous Oxide, Organic acids, phenol, etc, get deposited inside the lungs.
(4) The free radicals in tobacco smoke seriously affects the heart muscles and blood vessels causing the deposit of fatty particles, causing stroke, heart attack, myocardial infarction, etc.
(5) Even some metals present in tobacco smoke such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, etc, shows carcinogenic effects affecting the above vital organs.
(6) Tobacco smoke also contains some radio-active substances that affect the above organs seriously.
(B) EFFECTS OF TOBACCO ON VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS:
(1) The inflammation in air passages and voice box.
(2) Swelling of the lung vessels. Hence, breathing difficulty, mucus in air passages.
(3) Lungs inflammation and deposit of toxic chemicals in lung because of the disturbance in the cleansing ability of lungs.
(4) Cough and fast breathing.
(5) The air packs in lungs get affected permanently.
(1) High Blood Pressure and Heart attack are definite.
(2) Narrowing of Blood Vessels in skin and hence the skin temperature is reduced..
(3) Blood carries only less quantity of oxygen that is the life giving gas.
(4) Since the blood becomes denser, chances of blood clotting.
(5) Inflammation of blood vessels.
(6) Because of less oxygen through blood supply to feet, hands, etc, chances of stroke that makes one unmovable.
Also read: How to increase haemoglobin and prevent anaemia without meat?
(1) Pneumonia – A disease characterized by inflammation of the lungs, because of the inhalation of chemical irritants in tobacco smoke.
(2) Any disease takes very long time to get cured because of low immunity.
(3) The amount of antioxidants, Vitamin-C gets reduced and hence immunity decreases.
(1) Tightness of muscles in some places like neck, legs, hips, etc.
(2) The bone density is reduced.
IN OTHER PARTS:
(1) Smoking causes acidity, irritation and inflammation of intestines and gastro intestinal pains and problems. This causes ulcer and stage by stage, many of them develop the symptoms of cancer that intensifies causing death. Lung cancer, throat cancer, mouth cancer, stomach cancer are the usual types of cancer arising because of smoking.
(2) Capacity to smell, taste gets reduced for the users of tobacco.
(3) The shrinking of skin even before we get old.
(4) Chances of loss of vision in eyes.
(5) Periodontitis, Gingivitis, etc, in teeth gums causing swelling and pain in gums and some times loss of teeth.
(6) Chances of diabetes mellitus.
(7) Bone marrow is affected (Myeloid Leukaemia)
(8) Cancer in kidneys, urinary track, bladder, uterus, neck, throat, eggs.
(9) Bones in hip portion may get broken.
(10) In serious conditions, rotting/ decomposition of muscles, removal of some body parts may also happen.
Also read: Prevent and Cure Constipation even without garlic! Scientific, traditional and spiritual tips!
EFFECTS IN MEN:
(1) Smoking also causes impotency in male organ because of the supply of unhealthy blood to the male organ.
(2) Reduction in the number of sperms in the semen.
(3) Sperm dormancy.
(4) The genetic changes in sperm cells causing serious effects in children.
EFFECTS IN WOMEN:
(1) Reproductive capacity gets reduced.
(2) Irregularities in menstruation cycle.
(3) Early menopause.
(4) Cancer in uterus opening.
(5) Increase of the risk of heart attack. Mostly, the women get heart attack after menopause. But, the smoking women Has the same risk like men even in early ages.
EFFECTS IN CHILDREN:
(1) Abortion of babies.
(2) Child birth in dead state.
(3) Early child birth before the usual dates.
(4) Underweight babies.
(5) Insufficient growth of babies in womb.
(6) Chances of High blood Pressure, diabetes and heart issues to the growing child.
Read this also: HOW TO PREVENT AND CURE ACIDITY, ACID REFLUX AND CHEST IRRITATION?
If the parents smoke even after child birth:
(1) SIDS – Sudden death of child is also possible.
(2) Infections in ears.
(3) Pneumonia to the child.
THUS, THERE IS NOT EVEN A SINGLE GOOD EFFECTS OF SMOKING.
IMPORTANT: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU STOP SMOKING?
(1) The blood pressure and pulse becomes normal within 20 minutes.
(2) The toxic carbon monoxide will go out of body within 8 hours.
(3) The risk of heart attack comes down within 24 hrs and, the the toxic wastes will leave the lungs.
(4) All the Nicotine will leave the body within 48 hrs and your blood will be free from Nicotine in 48 hrs. Therefor, your ability to taste and smell increases. The breath becomes easy. And, your potency increases.
(5) The blood circulation becomes normal within 2-12 weeks.
(6) The breathing problems and cough becomes normal within 3-9 months.
(7) The chance for heart attack gets reduced to half in 5 years.
(8) The chance of lungs cancer gets reduced to half in 10 years.
(9) The chance for heart attack becomes zero within 15 years.
Thus, you become a complete and healthy man after stopping the smoking. Therefore, stop smoking immediately.
Now, you can attend public functions and temples without guilt and hesitation. You can feel proud that you are not having any unwanted habits that cause your life itself. Therefore, your confidence level in life and in devotional practices will increase.
And, all your GOOD relatives and friends will start to associate with you more and hence you will be respected in the society.
Also read this: HEART ATTACK – A to Z TIPS TO PREVENT DEATH! MUST READ AND SAVE!
(1) Every cigarette smoke contains 7000 toxic materials.
(2) Pan masala, Chewing tobacco, Gutka, etc, contains more than 3000 toxic materials.
(3) The 55 toxic materials present in cigarettes cause CANCER.
(4) In India alone, EITHT LAKH people die because of cigarettes every year. About 2200 persons die every day.
(5) THINK IT OVER: The Indian Government gets tax revenue of 32,500 crores through cigarettes selling every year, but the same government spends 37,500 crores every year to treat the patients affected by cigarettes. What a foolish thing this is! If the government bans cigarettes, it can save 5000 crores of rupees every year. (37,500-32,500 = 5000).
(6) Two lakh hectares of FORESTS are converted into the lands to cultivate tobaco plant. Therefore, loss of rain.
(7) IN INDIA, 47.9% OF MALES & 20.3 % FEMALES USE TOBACO RELATED PRODUCTS IN THE FORM OF CHEWING AND SMOKING.
(8) THINK IT OVER – A SMALL CALCULATION: If you smoke 15 cigarettes a day, that costs around Rs.150-200 a day. This works out to Rs.4500- 6000 a month and Rs.54,000-72,000 a year. If you smoke more than 15 cigarettes, the calculation will shoot up further. If you deposit Rs.54,000 every year, when you retire from service, you will get MORE THAN A CRORE RUPEES of maturity amount that will help to spend the retired life happily.
Now imagine, how much of amount and health you are losing. Stop these nonsence of wasting huge money and health.
If you like to save many lives silently, SHARE THIS IMPORTANT POST IN LARGE NUMBERS AND TAKE PART IN GENERATING GOOD GENERATION.
So, no justifications in continuing smoking. Just stop smoke, save money and health and gain good health and confidence. Stop immediately without loss of time. It is possible if your wish is sincere.
Now, you will be clear WHY YOU SHOULD STOP SMOKING. Now it is the time to quit. The next article will definitely help you.
Click this link and Read this very important and exhaustive next article “HOW TO QUIT SMOKING? A-Z PRACTICALLY FEASIBLE TIPS FOR 100% RESULTS!”