In this tutorial, Let us learn HOW TO START A FREE BLOGSPOT BLOG IN BLOGGER.
BEFORE READING THIS POST READ THESE TWO POSTS ALSO:
(1) THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE STARTING A BLOG FOR THE FIRST TIME! READ HERE!
(2) FREE BLOG Vs SELF HOSTED BLOG – WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE TO START THE BLOGGING? READ HERE!
(1) You need a Gmail account to start a blog in blogger. The Gmail account credentials will enable you to use all the services of Google such as Drive, Gmail, You tube, Blogger, etc.
(2) Go to www.gmail.com and open a Gmail account if you do not have one. Always try the best fitting name that is the same or very similar to your original name as the Gmail username. If the same name is not available, add any easily rememberable number as suffix.
(3) The same Gmail account will be used in all your Google accounts. Keep this Gmail account permanently for any of your Google related services.
(4) Before signing in to the blogger, you should ensure that your internet settings have been set to allow cookies (NORMAL-HIGH Setting of the Security section of Internet settings will allow the cookies besides giving normal security) and The Java script should also be enabled by going to TOOLS –> OPTIONS in the browser and then restarting the browser. You can also do this in the ‘Internet Options’ in Windows.
(5) Now, go to the website www.blogger.com.
(6) At the right side Top Corner, click SIGN IN. It will take you inside the blogger website.
(7) Click the drop down arrow at the Top left side.
(8) Then click NEW BLOG.
(9) Enter the Blog Name that clearly states the niche (Topic) of the blog. Think well before creating a name for your blog.
(10) Then, give an address to the blog. If this address is the same as the blog name, if available, it will be good. Or, atleast it should closely resemble the blog name. First type the same blog name as address. If it is not available, it will not be accepted. You need to enter a new address that closely resembles the blog name.
For example, if the blog name is “Recipes of America”, try the same address like “recipesofamerica.blogspot.com”. If this is not available, you may give “recipesamerica.blogspot.com” (or) “americanrecipes.blogspot.com”.
(11) Atleast one closely resembling name will be available finally. choose that for your blog.
(12) Then choose a template for your blog from the given choices. You can first preview the template one by one. If anyone is chosen by you, APPLY that template to the blog.
(13) Then click CREATE BLOG.
(14) That’s all. Your blog has been created without customizations. You can also view how your blog looks by clicking VIEW BLOG.
(15) CUSTOMIZE THE THEME OF BLOGGER BLOG:
In the blogger dashboard, click the THEME in the left side. Then, click CUSTOMIZE. The theme will be taken to a settings page where you can change the background colours, adjust widths, Select the layout type (how the main content and sidebar(s), etc should appear), etc.
In the Advanced section you can change the text colour title colour, link colour, etc. There you can also add the custom css. If you practice by changing the inputs some times, it will become a good practice.
(16) DESIGNING THE LAYOUT OF BLOGGER BLOG:
In the blogger dashboard, click the LAYOUT in the left side. You can add the gadgets (widgets) by clicking ADD A GADGET in every position. You can select one from the list of gadgets available.
You can remove a gadget from the added position by clicking EDIT for every gadget in the layout. You will become familiar if you do adding and removing a few times during the course of setting up your blog.
Now, your blog is fully ready. You can prepare the posts by clicking NEW POST at the top of the dash board.
(17) HOW TO CHANGE THE BLOGGER BLOG NAME AND OTHER SETTINGS?
You can change the name of your blog by going to SETTINGS —> BASIC —> TITLE —> EDIT –> Then give a new name —> CLICK SAVE.
Similarly you can make changes in all the settings under the SETTINGS section as preferred by you including the users settings. Settings are easy and can be learnt perfectly by making changes and observing the results. Nothing to worry about it.
(18) You can also give your own custom domain name to your blogger blog. It will be explained separately in another post.