HOW TO PREVENT AND CURE ACIDITY, ACID REFLUX AND CHEST IRRITATION?
ACTUAL QUESTION FROM A GIRL (NAME HIDDEN):
“sir, whenever I eat puri, parota, like that, my chest is irritating. I follow ekadasi fast and chest irritation comes in fasting also. what to do to avoid this?”
After reading your symptoms, I have come to the conclusion that you are suffering from acidity and Gastric reflux.
Just follow what I say. You will get relief within 3 days:
(1) Usually, acidity and gastric reflux come only after 27-28 WHEN THE RATE OF DIGESTION START TO COME DOWN. But, for some persons, it comes earlier. You are one of them.
(2) When we take food, it induces the secretion of Hydrochloric acid (HCl) by intestines that breaks food particles and make them like a paste.
(3) When we take certain foods, they increase the production of acids and hence this excess acid comes in reverse direction to the throat, neck and even beyond. So, you may have feelings of burning heart and chest. This is called Acid reflux. (I have avoided medical terms as this is read by common people also)
(4) These acid return or reflux may start to erode the walls of intestines and stomach and hence it may cause ulcer and stomach pain. This will aggravate the situation.
(5) This is the problem that can be cured even without any medical treatments. Just by changing the food habits, you can get relieved.
(6) The following foods/ vegetables/ items will cause excessive gas as well as acid reflux. So the following things MUST BE AVOIDED or TO BE TAKEN JUST 10-15 grams a day.
(ii) Potato, tomato, Drum sticks, Alocasia, Radish, white yam should be taken just 5-10 grams a day. It is better even if you avoid them.
(iii) Coffee and tea aggravates acid reflux. If you avoid them totally, that is fine.
(iv) Onion may not aggravate acid reflux and gastric problems, but, it disturbs the satvic nature of the eater. Though garlic is good for heart and related blood vessels, it creates some side effects as Garlic will increase gastric formation and hence may be avoided. However, if you avoid both onion and garlic, that will be so nice.
(v) Avoid too much of chilli that causes acidity and burning sensation.
(vi) Reduce the food FRIED with oil. Instead, give preference to boiled foods.
(vii) Avoid intoxication like alcohol, cigarettes, beedis, cigars, pan masala, etc. Even betel nut has very low amount of intoxication. So, better avoid it also.
(viii) Do not function with tension because tension increases acidity. Believe that. Plan your daily schedules in advance and function in a moderate speed.
(ix) Insecured feeling also increases acidity. So, Remain secured under the umbrella of God.
(x) Taking food and going to sleep immediately also causes acidity. So, after taking dinner, be in sitting or walking posture for atleast one full hour.
(xi) Taking FULL STOMACH of food also causes acidity. So, fill 50% portion of stomach with food. Take water 25%. Allow the remaining 25% for gas circulation. This is the best advice for being healthy.
(xii) Anger increases acidity and hypertension and also affects heart. So, forgive others and understand the nature of this world and accept others with their weaknesses.
(xiii) Worried heart and over excitement will also cause acidity. So, do not be emotional. Be calm in all situations.
(xiv) Being lazy also reduces the efficiency of digestion. So, acidity. Always work actively and take 10 minutes rest for every one hour of work. Enough. Many people work for 10 minutes and take rest for one hour.
(xv) This acidic problem leads to many complications and hence you always feel uneasy. This affects your psychology. So, depression also. So, if you regulate your life style, you may not need any anti-depressant drugs. So, treat yourself with changing your life style. Observe for 6 months. You will become perfect in both body and mind.
(xvi) If you do not sleep atleast 6-6.5 hours during night time, the acidic balance is affected. So, sleep well during night. 10-4 will be the best time to sleep.
(xvii) Devotional life style will be the best for all. Pray daily, chant daily and entrust yourself to lord and live HAPPILY. This will prevent so many diseases and depressions. See the devotees in temples. How blissful they are. Why? They consider themselves as the instruments in the hands of Lord. So, they remain happy. You too follow that life style even from home.
(xviii) Full fasting is not recommended for you since the empty stomach may cause excess of acidic corrosion and hence ulcer. If you like to fast completely, do not fast more than 6-8 hours. Just sacrifice one time food. Or, take only fruits, milk, groundnut, etc during fasting days to keep you free from acidity.
EXCESSIVE EATING AND EXCESSIVE FASTING CAUSES ACIDITY AND HENCE TO BE AVOIDED.
Hope these tips will help you. All the best.
Our follower Mr.Damodhara Vilas Das had sent this preparation to get relieved from indigestion permanently:
1 tablespoon Ajowan, 1 tablespoon of jeera, 1 tablespoon of Saunf. Place them on hot tava stir till dry and crispy (do not burn them). Grind them then add 1 tablespoon black salt, mix well. Half hour to forty minutes after every meal add 5mg (half tea spoon) in half glass of warm water mix well and drink it. You will feel relieved. If continuously tried for one month it may relieve the problem permanently. Try, if works share with others who suffer from similar problems.