How to control the Mosquitoes, Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, Lizards, Bed Bugs, Termites, etc in our home?
ACTUAL QUESTION FROM A FOLLOWER:
A male follower asked:
“there are many creatures in our home which causes disturbance to us like mosquito,cockroaches, etc.. so people use many pesticides or repellents to kill it directly or indirectly so are we not committing sin by killing these creatures? Whereas, according to law of karma, if we kill a living being, so we have to pay for it by being in the same position.. so just by killing a mosquito are we gonna take our next birth as mosquito ??? thank you!!
Killing the mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, are also sinful as per the karma theory. Not only the mosquitos and cockroaches, killing any living being is sinful. Because, we only invited them by giving some safe places for them to live in our house. Had we kept our house protected, they would not have come to our house in more numbers.
Before starting to read this important article, read the following article also from our another site www.krishnatoday.com:
CONTROL OF MOSQUITOS, COCKROACHES AND ANTS (COMMON TIPS)
(1) In older days, the houses were protected naturally by painting the cow dung solution on the floor. Because, cow dung is a natural insecticide. If it is not possible now, you can atleast spray the cow dung solution just outside your house.
(2) Maintain our home very clean without unnecessary things. Many people have a bad practice of keeping so many materials that are never used for years. Eg: Old books, wooden furnitures, leather materials, old clothes, etc. They should first dispose those materials.
(3) Where there are unwanted things, the mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, will live in the hidden, dark and dirty portions.
(4) Since the first requirement of the mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, is A DIRTY HIDDEN PLACE, if the house is clean, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, will not be able to find a place to live in our house. Their entry will also be restricted.
(5) There are some countries where there are no mosquitoes at all because they maintain the surroundings clean. There is no business for mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, in clean places.
(6) ONLY IF THERE IS STAGNANT WATER IN OUR HOME, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, will happily grow there. They will never come near the running water. Therefore do check the passage of waste water and remove the blocking wastes from the track. Keep the sewage path closed with concrete or metal slabs.
(7) Cockroaches will be happy to live ONLY IN the wet floors and stagnant sewages. Ensure that the passage of water in the bathrooms, kitchen, etc is running and properly reaching the sewage path outside your house.
(8) Keep your house clean and dry and keep the books in a full tightly closed racks that has no entry points. Even if there is a small gap, the cockroaches will start to grow inside the book racks.
(9) Use mild insecticides like vapourizing solutions, coils, etc, that does not kill the mosquitoes, but make them inactive and prevent them from entering the house. Thus, you can reduce the incoming mosquitos.
(10) Close your windows with MOSQUITO SCREENS. This will prevent the entry of most of the incoming mosquitoes, cockroaches, etc,.
(11) Indian Scriptures recommend showing burning camphors while worshiping God. This camphor, if used in the night time will keep the mosquitoes, cockroaches, ants, etc, away.
(12) You can also use chalks with insecticide. Draw lines near the openings only. It will prevent the entry of cockroaches, ants, etc.
(13) Do not allow the oils to spit on the floor. The oily space is like the cake for ants, cockroaches, mosquitos, etc. If it happens, clean them well using essential oils like Lemon or orange juice mixed with water.
(14) In general, clean the floor of your entire house by using Lemon or orange juice mixed with water or white vinegar mixed water or by using Dettol or Phenyl or atleast the Chlorine powder mixed water.
(15) Mix some borax with flour, and some water well. Prepare small balls out of the mixed flour and place those balls near places where the cockroaches dwell. They will eat and die.
(16) You can also keep boric acid in one or two places where cockroaches dwell.
(17) THE BEST SOLUTION:
In my case, I too have mosquitos in my house since there is no underground sewage system in my area and hence many houses allow the waste water to remain stagnant outside their homes. In our home, we have built a choak pit that absorbs all the waste water inside the soil and keep the surface dry.
Though I keep my house clean, my neighbours are not. Therefore, some mosquitos enter my house also. Earlier I was using insecticide solutions or coils during night time. But, though they prevent or kill the mosquitos, if any single mosquito escapes and bites me, I had to wake up and after that, I won’t be able to sleep the whole night that spoiled my sleep.
I also had the feeling that I am killing the mosquitos through insecticides. Therefore, I made a good decision of buying the MOSQUITO NET. When I searched online stores, I got plenty of choices to buy mosquito nets.
I ordered a pair FROM AMAZON INDIA and within three days I got it.
I properly calculated the places and height to tie the mosquito net and tied it with the nails in correct positions.
I changed the place to fix the fan and fixed the fan just above the net. This gave me sufficient air inside the net.
On that night, I had a very sound sleep without interruption.
Now, everyday, I sleep well without killing the mosquitos.
Therefore, PREVENTION THROUGH THE FIRST SEVENTEEN TIPS GIVEN ABOVE IS TO BE DONE. SECONDLY TO ESCAPE FROM THE ENTERING MOSQUITOS, USING THE MOSQUITO NET IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR PREVENTING OURSELVES FROM THE MOSQUITOS WITHOUT KILLING THEM.
I ORDERED THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PAGE OF AMAZON. There are models for Single bed or double bed starting from Rs.225 for light weight ordinary mosquito net and for the cost above Rs.1000 for umbrella type folding net. Just buy one and find the difference that I felt.
(1) Keep the small pieces of garlic and/ or Onion in the places where lizards usually dwell. Lizards hate pungent smell.
(2) Keep some napthalene balls in the places where lizards usually dwell.
(3) Spray water mixed with Pepper or Lemon or orange juice or white vinegar or Dettol or Phenyl or atleast the Chlorine powder.
Use the all above products given for Lizards, but, instead of keeping them in some places, dissolve any one product at a time in water and then spray the solution using a sprayer on the places where the spiders form web. Onion or garlic is ground with water and then sprayed.
(1) First, keep the beds clean. Wash them atleast once in a week or fortnight.
(2) Place the bed sheet and bed itself under the hot sun for a whole day. The bedbugs will run away.
(3) Spray water mixed with Pepper or Lemon or orange juice or white vinegar or Dettol. Use in small quantities since it may wet the bed. After that, dry the bed nor bed sheets under the hot sun.
TERMITES CAN DESTROY OR DESTABILIZE THE ENTIRE BUILDING. IT MUST BE CONTROLLED EVEN WHEN THEY START TO GROW. Dissolve either Orange juice, Lemon Juice, clove oil or Boric acid in water and then spray the solution using a sprayer on the places where the termites are living. Also, Onion or garlic is ground with water and then sprayed.
Hope this article is very useful for you. If so, please share this using the SHARE Buttons given below.