Beauty Vs Respect: I am not beautiful and hence I am not respected. What to do?
A GIRL DEVOTEE: “ I’m going to share things which i’vent shared with any1 till now. Ppl say i’m ugly, no one likes me, my own parents compare me with others. My friends treat me like i dont even exist. Therefore i’ve lost my desire of living. I’m afraid to show myself in public. Even gods dont listen to my cries, though i believe in Krsna so much. I always think of doing good to others but 4 myself, but I get the pain at last. Why? Dont disclose my name please.”
You are affected by Self Pity. Stop this nonsense. You have two legs, two hands, good & un-retarded brain, good vision, etc. Good Parents, financial support, etc are also available for you.
Read this also: How to get away from wrong people who are disturbing us?
What else do you want to achieve in life?
Why do you need a beautiful face? Why should you attract others with your face? Do you know that after 3 hours of our leaving our body (death), our body starts badly smelling and after 10 hrs, it starts contaminating? Remember, our body is made up of five elements – Soil, water, fire, air, ether (empty space)? Why do you give much importance for your beauty?
I tell you that the relations that start seeing one’s beauty will not last long, because, our beauty will last mostly upto 40 years of age. After that, our skin starts shrinking. See the Miss Universes of the periods of 1990s now. You will wonder whether they are those who were dreamt by crores of people in those days.
There are many great popular personalities, scientists, etc, who achieved even with severe physical disabilities.
Let me give TEN people out of them:
(1) Alexander Graham Bell had learning disability. In spite of this inability, he invented the telephone.
(2) Thomas Alva Edison was slightly deaf, Learning disability and Diabetic. He is probably most famous for inventing the electric light, He also invented the record player and the cinematic camera. Significantly, due to his learning disability, his writing skills remained “poor” throughout his life.
(3) Albert Einstein had “Aspergers Syndrome”, a type of autism, widely stated that he was dyslexic (ie, disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols, but that do not affect general intelligence). But, he was a brilliant atomic physicist, probably most famous for his Theory of Relativity.
(4)Henry Ford too was a “dyslexic”. But, he invented the motor car.
(5) Dr Temple Grandin had autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts). But, he became a famous agricultural scientist, professor of animal behaviour.
(6) Stephen Hawking had “motor neurone disease” (a progressive disease involving degeneration of the motor neurons and wasting of the muscles). He used a motorized wheelchair, and a computerized speech-synthesizer. ut, He is probably one of the greatest astronomical physicists of modern times, Stephen Hawking has developed several theories about the nature and origins of our universe.
(7) Isaac Newton was a “stutter” (talk with continued involuntary repetition of sounds, especially initial consonants). He discovered theory of gravity.
(8) Leonardo Da Vinci was a dyslexic and was a famous creative artist, most famous for his detailed sketch of a bicycle.
(9) Pythagoras had “epilepsy”. He was the most famous is his theory for working out the length of sides on a right-angled triangle. You may be aware of the popular Pythagorus theorem in maths.
Read this also: HOW TO AVOID ANGER, UPSET AND FRUSTRATION IN LIFE?
(10) Sudha Chandran is a famous Indian dancer, who has also obtained a Masters in Economics. She suffered the amputation of her right leg following an accident when travelling between Mumbai and Chennai in India. She received an artificial leg which allowed her to become one of the most accomplished dancers in India. She now performs all over the world and has appeared in films and television shows.
If you need an example in Cinema Industry, the most popular hero Mr.Rajini kanth, is dark skinned only, not pink skinned. His always positive roles in movies and interesting acting have given him this image from the audience.
Now, tell me: Were they having self pity like you? Didn’t they pooh-poohed their disabilities and achieved with that?
Compared with them, how comfortable you are? Yours is just a negligible matter! You have a perfect health. You are worrying for outlook.
In spiritual field too, we have an example. Srila Prabhupada, the founder of ISKCON went to U.S to start the society with just Rs.40, with a free ship pass in his SEVENTIES. On board the ship, he faced TWO HEART ATTACKS. Did he return to India? No. He went further and opened 100s of temples for Krishna after two heart attacks in his eighties. Can you imagine such acts? Remember, Srila Prabhupada had no artificial beauty as expected by you. He had the beauty of spiritual knowledge that alone were seen by others.
So, stop talking further and start acting.
Follow these tips:
(1) Don’t think that all are watching you. Everyone has many works than this. You only feel so.
(2)Forget what others think of you, and consider what you think of yourself. Believe you are perfect in health.
(3)Identify your strengths.
(4)Apply your strengths and start to do some assignments. Work on it dedicatedly.
(5)Achieve in your selected field.
Now, the same people will come to you to associate with you. In general, once you become successful, others do not bother whether you are beautiful outside.
Remember that no one will like to be with negative minded persons. Therefore, recognize the positives you have, achieve success and therby be an inspiration to others.
All the best for your success in advance.